ICSE Question Bank
ICSE Guess > ICSE Papers > Question Bank > Class X > 2008 >Commercial Applications
Answers to this Paper must be written on the paper provided
You will not be allowed to write during the first 15 minutes.
This time is to be spent in reading the Question Paper.
The time given at the head of this Paper is the time allowed for
writing the answers.
Section I is compulsory. Attempt any four questions from Section II
The intended marks for questions or the parts of questions given in brackets [ ].
SECTION I (40 Marks)
Attempt all questions from this Section
Give one difference each between:
- A Primary Market and a Secondary Market.
- A Consumer product and an Industrial product.
- Money cost and Real cost.
- Skimming pricing and Penetrating pricing.
- A Profit and Loss Account and a Balance sheet.
- What does a pay-in-slip contain?
- Name the basic principles of accounting.
- What is meant by HRM?
- Explain replacement cost.
- The Central Bank is the lender of the last resort.Explain.
- Name the main elements of Public Relations.
- Explain two basic differences between sales and the
- Give the four components of a promotional mix.
- What is meant by Gate Hiring in recruitment?
- Why was EXIM bank setup in India?
Give two reasons either for or against each of the following:
- Accounts should disclose all material information (with
reference to the concept of accounting).
- Pricing is fundamental to all marketing efforts.
- Selection is a negative process.
- Public relations is propaganda.
- Advertising is a social waste.